What is a performance cycle? How do I add one?
A performance cycle defines your appraisal cycle along with its components & deadlines. Every appraisal cycle that takes place in your organization will have at least one performance cycle in the system.
To create a performance cycle follow the simple 4 step wizard as defined below
- Go to Performance >> Settings >> Performance Cycles and click on +Add New Cycle
- In step 1 Basic Details you will be prompted to clone an existing performance cycle in case you already have at least one performance cycle present. The clone option will help you replicate your performance policy and related settings every year and reduces your setup time. If this is the first time you are creating a performance cycle then you just need to specify the cycle name
- In Step 2 Goals, you have to define the permissions for creation, approval, and updation of a goal plan and also if you wish to specify its progress. A goal plan is the collection of KRAs & KPIs which define the responsibilities of an employee. Next, you can specify if you wish to add goal categories & custom fields while filling up your goal plan.
- In Step 3 Assessments, you are defining the sequence, assessor list, weightage distribution in the assessment & the final recommendation that occurs after the assessment is completed.
An assessor list defines which employees will act as an assessor for a particular employee. You can activate sequential assessments which will ensure that an assessor will not be allowed to rate an employee unless the previous assessor has given the ratings. For sequential assessments, we can also show the ratings of all assessors on a single page.
You can define the rating scale to be used while scoring the employees. The scale can have a minimum of 2 ratings & a maximum of 10 ratings. You can assign different labels for the rating (check screenshot for example). You can also define permissions to be followed by the assessee, assessor, and the reporting supervisor of the assessee before & after the publishing of assessments.
The Final Recommendation is to define which employee will be getting a promotion. This data can be defined in the form of CTC revision, designation revision, department transfer, etc along with a revised final rating.
- In Step 4 Review Period you define the deadlines for the entire performance cycle and various activities like goal plan submission, goal evaluation & competency evaluation. You can specify if the performance cycle would be active once or if you want the cycle to repeat every year. You can also choose to align your cycles with either the calendar month or the employee's joining date. Also if there are multiple evaluation cycles within a performance cycle, you can define the weightage for each evaluation cycle here.
- Some instructions to note while setting up the review period
- You can enter between 0-1000 days only
- The frequency periods are Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly, and Annually
- If Goal Plan Submission is done Monthly, then Evaluations will take place Monthly
- If Goal Plan Submission is done Quarterly, then Evaluations can take place either Monthly or Quarterly
- If Goal Plan Submission is done Half Yearly, then Evaluations can take place Monthly, Quarterly or Half Yearly
- If Goal Plan Submission is done Annually, then Evaluations can take place Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly or Annually
- If you are defining the Starts On/Ends On days with respect to Before the frequency period, please ensure that the value for Starts On is greater than the value for Ends On
- If you are defining the Starts On/Ends On days with respect to After the frequency period, please ensure that the value for Starts On is less than the value for Ends On
- If Starts On is set to After the frequency period, then Ends On will always be set to After the frequency period