What's new in February 2018?
Half Day Working Hour Exemption
Some companies want to provide additional flexibility of working less than minimum hours required for a full day on selected days such as Saturdays and still consider employees full day present.
For example, consider the following scenario-
- Shift Timing: 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
- Minimum Hours for Half Day: 04:00
- Minimum Hours for Full Day: 08:00
- Half Day Exemption Policy
- Grace minutes from shift start time: 120 min
- Grace minutes for shift end time: 0 min
- Half Day Exemption is applicable on Saturdays only.
If an employee checks in at 11:30 AM and checks out at 06:00 PM on a Saturday, then, even though employee has not met minimum hours for a full day, he/she will be considered present for the day and he/she will not get any late/early mark on that day.
How to define Half Day Working Hour Exemption?
- Half Day Working Hour Exemption Settings are present in the Attendance Template.
- In order to enable this feature, select ‘Yes’ as the answer to Question ‘Will half day working hours exemption be applicable?’
- Click proceed till you reach the last step of Attendance Template which will be Half Day Working Hour Exemption
- Here you can define grace minutes permissible for coming late from shift start time and grace minutes permissible for early leaving from shift end time to avail this exemption.
- You can define the maximum number of exemptions an employee can avail.
- You can also choose the days of the week
onwhich the exemption will be applicable.
- Once turned on, half day leave exemption will be automatically applied after processing attendance
- The exemption will be reflected in Attendance Records only after Processing Attendance in ‘After Processing’ Data.
- An employee must complete minimum hours for half day for the half day working hours exemption to be applicable on a day.
- All late marks and early marks will be cleared for the day on which short leave exemption will be used.