Customization options For Quikchex
Custom Domain Mapping
Note: This feature is not available by default. Please reach out to your Account Manager/Sales Representative to activate this.
The Custom Domain Mapping feature allows you to access the Quikchex portal with a custom domain that is accessed by your employees. For example, if your organization’s name is
Mapping Your Domain Name
To map your domain name, all you have to do is:
- Set up a CNAME in Domain Name Provider’s Admin Portal.
- Add a Custom Domain in Quikchex.
Step 1: Set up a CNAME in Domain Name Provider’s Admin Portal
CNAME is usually known as the canonical name for your domain. The CNAME is the alias name that is used to set up a
- Log in to your domain name registration provider’s website.
- Navigate to your settings and select DNS (Domain Name System) settings.
- Create a CNAME entry by entering the sub-domain name and the CNAME.
- Map the CNAME entry to secure.quikchex.in.
Based on your domain name registration provider,
- The sub-domain name might be called: Host/Alias.
- The CNAME might be called: Value, Points To, or Destination.
For example, if you wish to use ess.
Similarly, if you wish to use login.
Once you have configured the CNAME entry, you can test it via the NSLOOKUP command in the terminal to verify it before submitting the custom domain request. The changes may take up to 48 hours to reflect based on your Time To Live (TTL) settings. The TTL setting determines how long it takes for your computer to update its DNS-related settings.
You can also contact your domain administrator or domain admin support if you face any difficulties while configuring your CNAME entry.
Step 2: Request a custom domain in Quikchex
Once you have configured a CNAME in your domain name provider’s website, the next step is to add a custom domain in Quikchex. To do so:
- Click on the “Organization” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the “Custom Branding” sub-tab
- Enter your Domain Name (Example: login.
abccorp.com) under the "Please enter your Custom Login URL for Quikchex".
- Additionally, you can enter your Licensor name, Logo, Color Theme, and support email address also.
- Click Submit.
If you do not see this option, please reach out to your account manager or our Support Team
Installing an SSL Certificate
After submitting your custom domain request, if you encounter an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) error, do not worry. Quikchex will install a Multi-Domain SSL Certificate in the back end to secure your domain name and prevent further errors. This process usually takes up to 3-5 business days.
You’ll be notified via email when your custom domain is active after that you will be able to access your Quikchex organization using your custom domain name.
Note: SSL certificates help you to create a secure connection between a web server and a user’s web browser. SSL certificates from third-party vendors cannot be installed in Quikchex.