What is the Half Day Working Hour Exemption?
Some companies want to provide additional flexibility of working less than minimum hours required for a full day on selected days such as Saturdays and still consider employees full day present.
For example, consider the following scenario-
- Shift Timing: 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
- Minimum Hours for Half Day: 04:00
- Minimum Hours for Full Day: 08:00
Half Day Exemption Policy
- Grace minutes from shift start time: 120 min
- Grace minutes for shift end time: 0 min
- Half Day Exemption is applicable on Saturdays only
If an employee does a check-in at 11:30 AM and does a check-out at 06:00 PM on a Saturday, then, even though employee has not met minimum hours for a full day, he/she will be considered present for the day and he/she will not get any late/early mark on that day
- Once turned on, half day leave exemption will be automatically applied after processing attendance
- The exemption will be reflected in Attendance Records only after Processing Attendance in ‘After Processing’ Data
- An employee must complete minimum hours for half day for the half day working hours exemption to be applicable on a day
- All late marks and early marks will be cleared for the day on which half day working hours exemption will be used