What is Device Registration? Why is it important?
To ensure that employees do not mark attendance from multiple mobile devices having the Quikchex Mobile App, our system remembers the device when the employee marks attendance via the app for the first time. Henceforth they have to use the same device to mark attendance. Attendance will not be marked from an unauthorized device unless the admin approves it. Attendance can be marked only from one active & authorized device.
How does Device Registration work?
- When an employee marks their attendance for the first time
- The employee will download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- They will log into the app and go to the Mark Attendance Page
- On marking their attendance for the first time they will be asked to register their device. Without registering they cannot mark their attendance
- Once they register their device they cannot use any other device to mark their attendance.
- If they do not register their device, they will not be allowed to mark their attendance.
- When an employee changes their device
- The employee will install the app on the new phone and log into their account
- When they mark their attendance, they will see a message requesting to update the registered device
- Once they click Update a request will be generated for updating the device registration which needs to be approved by the admin
- The employee will not be able to mark attendance from the new device unless the request is approved. Once it is approved, they cannot mark attendance from an old device
- When an admin approves the new device registration request
- In case an employee has submitted a request to update their registered device, the admin can approve, reject or view details of that request
- The employee cannot use the new device for attendance marking unless it is approved by the admin. Once the new device has been approved the employee cannot use the old device to mark attendance
- To approve or reject the request, the admin can log into their account & on the dashboard see the Pending Requests section in the My Alerts card. Or they can go to Attendance >> Device Registration Requests
- When an admin activates/deactivates the device registration
- Admin can activate or deactivate the device registration for employees individually and in bulk