1) What are Communication Triggers?
- Communication triggers are occasional emails automatically sent on employee-specific events like Birthdays, anniversaries, etc., and date-specific events like festivals, holidays, annual meet-up notices, etc.
- You can also set up a custom communication for a specific milestone.
2) What are the steps involved in creating the Communication Trigger?
- Step 1: Email ID Mapping - Add and verify the email ID from which the email will go to the recipients.
- Step 2: Creating Email Templates - Creating templates for different events and choosing the recipients.
- Step 3: Setting up the workflow trigger - Choose the date on which the email template will trigger.
3) How can I map the company domain email Id for sending automatic email triggers?
- Go to "Organization" >> "HR Workflow Settings" >> "Communication Settings" >> "Email ID Mapping".
- Click on "+ Email" at the top right >> Insert the desired email ID >> The status will appear as pending.
- You will get an email on the same email ID from AWS containing a verification link. Click on the link to verify the email. And your email will be verified. (If you do not receive the email, click on the "Resend Verification" button at the right beside the newly added email ID)
- In the settings page, the verification status of the email ID will appear as verified.
- Please note: Upto 2 custom email Ids can be mapped.
- Take a look at the steps below.
4) How can I create an Email template?
- Go to "Organization" >> "HR Workflow Settings" >> "Communication Settings" >> "Communication Templates"
- Click on the "+Create Communication Template" button on the top right.
- Enter the template name, medium of communication (email), subject line (Click on the Dynamic field button and select dynamic tags accordingly for the subject line), select the 'from' email, select the 'to' email, select Cc/Bcc if needed (check the notes section at the bottom).
- Add Email Content. You can make use of the features in the content editor. You can also have Dynamic Fields in the email.
- Choose a custom image. You can upload any image of your choice that will be sent in the email. If you opt to use a custom image, you need to go to the dynamic fields, add the image tag and place it in the desired location in the email.
- Add an attachment. You can upload any attachment that will be sent along with the email.
- Click on 'Create'
- You can edit/deactivate/delete the email template at any time.
- Take a look at the steps below.
5) How can I set up the communication workflow trigger?
- Go to "Organization" >> "HR Workflow Settings" >> "Workflow triggers".
- Click on the "+ Add Workflow" button at the top right.
- Add a template label and execute it based on the date. You can choose to send it 'on', 'before', or 'after' the event date. Select the event. You can also choose the 'specific date' option and select the date of the event.
- Select the communication template and 'Save'.
- You can edit/deactivate/delete the workflow at any time.
- Have a look at the steps below.
- Only activated Quikchex user accounts will receive email triggers.
- Supervisors and admins will receive the email triggers even if they have not activated their Quikchex accounts.
- You are advised not to use Cc/Bcc for email communication triggers sent to multiple employees to avoid emails flooding the inbox. For e.g. if you select 10 email IDs for a communication email trigger and you mark email@example.com in Cc/Bcc, firstname.lastname@example.org will receive 10 emails in their inbox. However, it is convenient for emails sent individually like for sending joining letters, confirmation letters, etc you can mark the reporting managers in Cc/Bcc.